Monday, August 9, 2010

miscellany monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{Time to join sweet carissa at lowercase letters for some fun random updates!  Don't forget to join in!  It's the best part about Monday!}

1.  {the last monday}
It's officially the last Monday of summer according to our calendars...only 7 more days until school starts! 

I have such bittersweet emotions for this day...I'm eager to get started on some more organizing and cleaning and have a schedule...but we've loved our summer and don't want it to end yet!  We've had a great vacation and lots of fun, lazy days!  I'll also miss my little lunch dates with Emily...but she was very happy to invite me to eat lunch with her at school this year!  {I will sure miss Chili's though!}

2.  {the long and short of it}
With the end of summer approaching...that means the days are getting a little bit shorter and the nights a little bit longer. 
Emily enjoyed a little sunset swim the other night.  It was so nice to relax and soak in one of our few evenings left to stay up a little bit later before early bedtimes begin...{insert long groans of complaining}

3.  {precious moments}
It seems like the kids are getting bigger every day...and it makes me cherish these little moments all the more...

...Emily can be such a little lady these days...and having her ears pierced makes her even more into her hair, clothes and even make-up...sigh... I certainly don't want her to grow up too fast...
so when I see her snuggled with her blankies and Pillow Pet...it makes me appreciate that she is still my little girl...whew...I'll take all those moments for as long as I can!

4.  {festival, fun, and family}
We don't get to see my mom, sister and nephew as often as we like...so it's always fun when we get together!  We went to my childhood church festival this weekend and played games, ate and got to see my cousins and other childhood friends too!

{Alex and Emily had fun trying to Dunk the Deacon...but didn't get to see him splash!}

{Bingo!  Alex won!}

It was a fun day with family...and I wish we could get together more often!

5.  {23 weeks}
These weeks are flying by...and my belly is growing just as quickly! 

{this is the view I have...at least I can still see my feet!}
{I know I look glamorous...don't be jealous of my tired, puffy eyes and messy hair...ha!  I feel good...just tired...and we just finished taking a walk!  The nerve in my lower back can make it hard to walk sometimes, but it's nice to get a little bit of exercise and be outside.  It's hard to believe that the baby only weighs about 1 pound...yet I feel like I'm carrying around a ton!}

6.  {look who's talking}
The other day we were driving along when we heard a woman's voice ask if we needed assisstance...huh?  Who said that?  Then she asked us to answer yes or no to cancel...the kids and I just started chuckling and giggling when we figured out I had bumped the Onstar button on my steering wheel!  oops!  We don't pay for the service...but apparantly we still get someone to answer {it was just an activated voice}!  She kept saying...Sorry?  because we were too busy laughing and not answering her!  I realized she was still waiting for me to answer yes or no...because I didn't know how to turn it off...so I finally had to actually say Yes out loud...she said Thank you...and went away!  ha!

Happy Monday!

11 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, Carrie.... summer went by way to fast! You are tooo cute pregnant! I know you are enjoying it :) Have fun this last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is too funny about the onstar button. My van has that option too but it is on the roof and the kids push it all the time.
    I love the sleeping pictures of Emily. so sweet. her lashes are so long.
    Cute baby bump. You are so tiny. I think you need to eat more chips and salsa...I will be right over. :) I can't believe you all go back in 7 more days. Enjoy your last week of summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so adorable Carrie. I haven't seen you since June and your little belly is just as cute and petit. I'm sad about school starting too but am anxious for this new experience for Caroline. If you ever need a lunch buddy at Chili's give Kenzie and I a call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ON! Looky the belly! How cute! I love all your pictures! Emily is so cute!
    ~blessings

    have a great week!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable pregnant belly! Emily is too cute. Looks like a lot of fun at the festival. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so adorable! I love Emily's horsie shirt...Layla would love that. Have a great 7 days until school starts....our countdown is at 15 days till it starts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one beautiful pregnant Momma! And, one busy one! Looks like you are soaking up the last days. I cannot believe your school starts in a week. We don't start until after Labor Day. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you will have fun eating lunch with Emily at school. Jamison LOVES when I come to school to eat with her and it's fun to watch her interact with her friends. I'm sure you can slip in some Chili's time...take it to her school! Emily swimming looks really refreshing, especially with all of the heat. Sounds like a fun time with your mom and sister...did anyone dunk the Deacon? I love your little bump...you are adorable and I can't wait to "meet" your newest member.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That festival looks like it was so much fun! I love the dunk a deacon:) I wonder if we could talk some of our deacons into doing that?!? All of your pool pictures make me wish we had one in our backyard too! It is nice to be able to swim at my mom's house, but it would be so much better just to walk out our back door and jump into the pool:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although your kids are adorable, your baby bump picture is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never remember a summer going so fast...Enjoyed your post and great pictures...Enjoyed reading your blog.....
    Hope you will stop by for a visit...I am giving away lots of GIFTS this week on both blogs....to celebrate
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete