Friday, April 10, 2009

Inside Martin Manor - Emily's Room

Emily's room is no different than the rest of the Manor...it is made up of new and old! Although her room is all bed, she seems to be able to spread out all of her doll clothes and accessories and still have room to change her clothes about 3 times a day! Dan and I got the bed for our wedding, but didn't buy the whole bedroom suit because it was too expensive. A couple of years ago, we were finally able to upgrade to a king-size, leaving Emily with the Queen...how appropriate for her!

Emily's room

The dresser belonged to Dan when he was a baby and has a matching crib that our kids also slept in. They have been passed down to us after his older brother, older sister and cousins had even used it to take a nap or two growing up! And as many of you know, her blankie, which she still rarely separates herself from, belonged to me as a baby, as well as my old much-sought-after {back in the day} Cabbage Patch Doll! My mom went to great lengths to buy one of those dolls, and it's a sweet feeling to see it in my little girl's room today.







{I think this sums it up! Sweet dreams, Princess!}

{updated here and here }

Want to see more of the Manor? Visit here!

7 comments:

  1. How absolutely lovely! The quilt on her bed is perfect and girly and fresh. My favorite picture has to be the one of your feet next to your little girl's - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to live there...such a pretty, relaxing-looking room! Love the story of the bed and crib...and the photo of the pedicured tootsies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie,
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for the sweet comments!
    I tried to visit your blog yesterday but I couldn't get it to open. So happy that it worked today!
    I am excited to "get to know you" through your blog.
    Your little girl's room is unbelievably cute...I can't wait to see the rest of your house...FUN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful room, thanks so much for letting us in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. Definitely a girly room! So cute! Love all the pillows on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely!! I have always wanted to have a four poster bed for a daughter. Guess I need the daughter first. :) But such a beautiful room. I love the "never forget your little girl dreams" sign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely room! I love little girls' rooms. Perri's used to be my favorite room in the house. Then she had to go and start growing up and leaving behind her pink-gingham days. Makes me sad. :(

    ReplyDelete