Monday, September 21, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and so many others have not been doing this week!

That's right...it's Monday again! And we've not gone two weeks without rain...not until Sunday! It did not pour down rain ALL day! So what do you do on a rainy day?

Well, certainly you do not stay in your pajamas...and of course you don't leave your hair like this!



And those certainly are not my kids outside in those pajamas...{Christmas Princess pajamas, nonetheless}...in the rain! Because who would let their kids do that, anyway? Not me, that's for sure! My kids have never done that before...ever...ever!







Because the torrential downpour was not enough to get them wet...Alex did not think it necessary to pour a bucket of water on his head!


It's also not a good idea to have a snack, perhaps, while it's raining outside...maybe some Easy Cheese and crackers. Sounds good, huh? Well it might have been...but I did not have Dan check the expiration date, y'know, just in case...because I don't recall buying that recently. The date did not say August 2008! Oh my goodness, it did not say that! I clean the pantry out weekly {um...not!} and would never have anything that old in there! And I certainly did not see that same can of Easy Cheese back on the shelf...even after Dan obviously saw that it had expired! {sigh...are you kidding me? I did not finally throw it out...don't worry!}

Happy Monday everyone! Don't enjoy it!

12 comments:

  1. I love, love, love that they're playing in the rain in their PJ's. And what's funny is that even though they're already drenched to the bone, they stood UNDER the umbrella....well, before turning it over to catch the rain.

    Ha ha ha

    Great photos, Carrie! These are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really coming down there. I love that you let your kids play in the rain...best mom EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like y'all know how to turn a rainy day into a fun day...jammies and all! It's been raining a TON here and I'm soooo over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are the cutest most fun pictures. I am an expiration date freak and my mom has things in her cupboards from when I lived there. LOL
    I am still getting over the fact that you clean out your cupboards every week. I am lucky once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that you let your kids play in the rain!! I love that they can wear their jammies all day and not comb their hair and have a fantastic time making some amazing memories!!

    Way to go mom!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Emily's bedhead!! Too cute! I never find expired stuff in our cupboard or fridge either :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like they had a great rain day!! Emily's bed head is too adorable for words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needed to see your post today. It's sunny here but the rainy NW fall is coming and I am dreading it. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stop by Five Mom's today. You're mentioned... and then you're mentioned again in a comment by "MckCrakensx4". =0)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love these pictures!!! so sorry to have not been buy lately :( looks like you all are still doing great!!

    and yes, i too an guilty of the same crime... we found a can of olives in the pantry from (get ready for this) November 2004!! WHAT?!?! that is SO bad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what fun... and oh my... that hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom never let us play in the rain, and so I determined that was one thing I'd let Savannah do if she wanted to. So it just delights me to no end to see these pictures! Such memories. Love the Christmas pajamas!

    ReplyDelete