Monday, March 23, 2009

Answered Prayers

I have mentioned this more than one time recently, but only because I feel like it's worth repeating. Since beginning this blog, I have found so many wonderful families who have provided such inspiration, encouragement and laughs! But lately, I've come to know some for just a short time but feel some sort of connection, and mostly because we are all believers of Christ and that He does good things, all the time, even in the face of tragedy and uncertainty. And although I feel that things seem to be all too perfect in our little world here at Martin Manor, that is far from the truth! {nothing is perfect, except in Heaven!} I think the connection I love the most, besides that we are moms, with little children and share the same dramas of dealing with meltdowns, laughs, figuring out what's for dinner, what spot on the counter to move the random pile of papers to next and where all the laundry comes from, and getting those precious hugs and "I love yous" at the end of the day, we all know the power of prayer and how wonderful to spread our prayer requests and lift them up to Him!

First of all, please pray for my brother-in-law's family as his wife's father has passed away. Please pray for a sense of peace and comfort for the family knowing that he is now with God, and there is no longer pain or discomfort.

If most of you haven't read by now, Stellan needs our prayers right now for a calm heart, slow regular heartbeats, and a stable IV in order to receive the proper meds to get him to that point. Say a prayer for peace and strength for his family, although they seem to be the strong ones and have been giving me a sense of strength in prayer in their own light.

Also, for Seth, who is awaiting cochlear implants. I have just come across his blog, but understand that he has qualified for the surgery to make this happen and is awaiting a date for surgery. Pray that everything will fall into place, the family will find the adequate funds to support the surgery and the therapy he needs. Although, they have also provided me with so much strength and inspiration in uncertain times.

I've also just met another blogging mom, Becky at One Life to Love, who found out her close friend will have surgery to remove a mass on her neck for lymphoma. Please pray that her surgery will be successful as well and she will be cancer free!

Thank you all friends, whom I've never really met, for giving us strength and lifting our prayers up to the Lord! God is good all the time, and whether the prayers we request are not quite answered the way we might expect, he does answer them, and something good will come of it!

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5: 14-15

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for lifting Sumer up in prayer! We have also been praying for Seth and Stellan. I will also pray for your brother in law's family. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add these to my prayers. My father went to be with Jesus a year ago, and I still miss him.

    It is so good to know that God hears our prayers and that we aren't just talking to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie you are so sweet and so right. Blogging does give you a connection to ppl that you might not otherwise have.

    I can't stop thinking of Stellan and everytime I hold Gage I say a prayer for him and give Gage that extra squeeze....what MckMama must be going through!

    And Seth..sweet Seth...found their blog through you so thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete