We planned a fun night stay at the Abe Martin Lodge in Brown County so the kids {and big kids} could enjoy the big water slide in the Aquatic Center!
{yes...I went down too...relunctantly at first...but had a blast after that! ...Emily had to hold my hand...ha!}
Ellie had a great time splashing in the little fountains...
And Alex and Emily had fun letting the buckets of water pour down on them...
They enjoyed splashing and sliding the next morning before we checked out...
...and stopped to enjoy all the beautiful flowers they have around...
....and before we headed for a hike around one of the lakes!
{we love coming in the fall when the leaves are so vibrant...but it was still a fun...but sweaty, hot, and buggy...hike! ha!}
{we try and find all the stumps the beavers gnaw down...but have yet to see an actual beaver!}
{over half-way around...do they look beat?!}
{never too tired to stop and throw rocks!}
...and definitely not too tired to ride the ponies before we go!
Emily was upset because Alex ran in front of her first to get the big horse...but then we decided Oreo was a perfect one for her to ride! Isn't he cute!
It was such a great way to end the week celebrating Alex's birthday and to spend a little fun time away...and after a very busy week at that!
A fun time was definitely had by all!
{haha! this was the very last picture I took...and it sums it up perfectly!}
{today is also our twelve-year anniversary! whoa...where did that time go?! happy anniversary to my sweetheart! here's to many many more years with my love!}











That looks like such a fun time! I love the indoor waterpark...I've never been to one before! And you got some really pretty pictures on your hike. I love all the beaver chewed stumps:) Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a WONDERFUL time! Shucks, even the horse is happy! ;) My Tucker Man turned 9 on the 9th and I told him he'd better enjoy this last year of single digits! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! May you have many, many more! :)
Happy Anniversary! what a fun family trip. Love all the beauty outside on your hike. Great pictures and that horse is hilarious. Love it. My kids would love that water park too. What a fun slide! Love the picture of Dan & Ellie. CUTE
ReplyDeleteDan made a few pictures!!! You guys really do know how to celebrate and have a good time as a family. I have seen some great birthday celebrations over the last few weeks. I love the delight in Ellie's eyes while she's in the water. And yup, Oreo is a perfect name :)
ReplyDeleteYou took some amazing pictures. IT looks like you guys had a super fun time! I love water slides, but they make me so nervous...I'm a fraidy cat :)
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures! What a great way to celebrate your son's birthday. We just had our anniversary too--only nine years though. :)
ReplyDelete