Wednesday, July 13, 2011

{nine}...and sweatin' like a pig!

I seriously don't know how I keep letting it happen...
...but somehow it did...
...in between the driving around town...kisses...spilled milk {again}...hugs...diaper changes...laundry...grocery shopping...giggles...sleepless nights...naps...tickles...



...in the middle of homework...legos...{lots and lots of little legos}...baths...swimming...breakfast...lunch...and dinner...



...this guy turned {nine}...even though I specifically told myself it was not going to happen!



I guess since I cannot seem to stop my babies from growing up...the best thing to do is celebrate it!

Yes...indeed...Alex turned {nine}...and since we didn't have an official party this year...Emily wanted to surprise Alex by decorating with balloons and streamers when he went to bed...so he would wake up on his birthday to a special birthday chair...


...a special birthday present 'spot'...



...and any place we could find to put streamers!


{she had so much fun staying up late and being sneaky while Alex slept!  She was more excited than he probably was!  But he loved the decorations when he woke up!}


The kids are finishing up VBS this week, and after lunch we headed to Toys 'R Us to cash in some gift cards and birthday money...and then traditional birthday pizza dinner...then the best part of the day...





Alex was excited to get more Legos...a portable tv and a projector...





...and his Dad's worst nightmare...{but my and Alex's sweet tooth's dream...}

{because you know he's gonna share those with his momma!}

I made his favorite lemon cupcakes...

{which we all couldn't resist a sample first!}



...with lots of sprinkles!


...And we kick-started the celebration on Monday by visiting the Fair!  It's not officially Alex's Birthday Week if we don't go to the fair first!


And...man, was it ever hot!  We stopped by to see the livestock first so Emily could visit her Kindergarten teacher's sheep...


She was bummed because her teacher wasn't there...but she still was happy to see the sheep and the baby goats!



...the poor animals were kind of lifeless because it was only about a hundred degrees in there!  Alex wouldn't even pet the pigs because he said...Eww...they're sweaty!  ha!


I asked him...Have you ever heard the phrase...Sweating Like a Pig?  And that's exactly what I felt like too!

It didn't stop Emily though!


So these were definitely in order next...



{yes...Emily really wore those sunglasses the whole time!  ha!}

They didn't even finish their snow cones because they were too excited to get on the rides...and I was not so much!



I do love that even though Alex is a big nine-year-old now...he's still super-excited to go down the big slide and jump in the bounce house...




...but then it didn't last long before they were off to ride the spinning...scary...hold-on-tight-so-you-don't-fly-out rides.  oh...only I feel that way I guess... {gulp}













I love...loved...watching Alex and Emily ride these fast-moving rides together and squealing and laughing each time...especially since last year...Alex wasn't quite brave enough to step foot on them, and Emily was a tad too small to ride them...it just proves how much they are growing up...sniff,sniff...

Please Ellie...just continue to stay little and enjoy watching it all from the sidelines...with your momma...


...who just goes to the fair for these...

{drool!}

Happy Birthday Alex!  I hope it was super-duper special...and you made your wish come true!


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet celebration!!! A portable TV...how neat is that. The fair does look hot but also a lot of fun, including the funnel cake...YUM! I love Emily's enthusiasm to surprise her brother. Can you ask Alex if he'll share his Twizzlers with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those fantastic decorations, the smile on his face says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome way to celebrate a birthday! I love the big 9 with Happy Birthday on it...so fun! And now I am drooling over that funnel cake! That is Jason's favorite part of the fair:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an awesome Birthday! I am sure all his wishes came true. you all have so many fairs & carnivals. I am a bit jealous. Yeah for legos. We have a lego lover over here. Very cool. What great presents. I would love those :) Lemon cupcakes? YUM! Gotta try those.

    ReplyDelete