Sunday, November 21, 2010

Just {Leave}...

Well...first of all...I had a date with the paint brush on Friday and Saturday...so we could {leave} all of this behind...


We're pleased with the results...and I do not miss the dirty beige and greasy stains from the old flat paint!  Now it should be all ready in time for Elizabeth to throw her food on the walls...with easier clean up...I hope!

I like the way the plates turned out...I have some twine and still would like to make it look like this...but I had to at least get them up on the big blank wall!  Luckily...it's hard to go wrong when hanging basic white plates in a random pattern...so far, no swiss cheese!  Ha!  I would like to add a few more different sized plates to it, but I used what I already had, and bought the oval plates from Target.

It was a huge job...but finally worth it!  I only feel like I've been hit by a truck!  Dan painted all the trim, and I went around and painted over and under the cabinets...great work out...but not the easiest when you're 9-months pregnant!

And while Dan and I were busy making the kitchen sunny...Alex and Emily didn't mind to {leave} us to our work...


The leaves have really fallen this week...and the weather has been beautiful {until Thanksgiving...down to 35 degrees!} so what better time to enjoy a big leaf pile!


They must've spent hours out there running as fast as they could to leap into the leaves and then rake them all back up again!  However...I was vacuuming up leaves all evening that kept falling out of someone's clothes or hair! 


And...I really wanted to deck the halls today...but I think taking it easy is a better idea.  I've started to spruce up with a little bit of holdiay trim though...


...hopefully I can get it all up this week!  That's all I have left! 
If you don't hear from me in awhile...it's only because we will be getting ready for Elizabeth!  How can there only be a week left?!  This week is filled with more doctors and dentist appointments...and hopefully a stay in the  hospital!  My mom is hopefully planning on staying with us next weekend in preparation!  I need to catch up on the laundry and pack my bags!  So nervous...so excited! 
Happy Thanksgiving to you all early!

8 comments:

  1. Carrie the kitchen looks wonderful. Great job - I can't believe you were painting with that cute little belly of yours. I would have had to decline. :) The kids looked like they had a blast in the leaves. So fun! I can't believe you are only a week away from seeing your precious Elizabeth. You have been on my mind and I will continue to pray for a greatdelivery. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to call. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! :)

    And I really want to know what color you used in your kitchen. LOVE IT!

    Make sure we find out when Elizabeth arrives! Can't wait to see pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! I have the same "eat" letters in my kitchen too! :) Are you still nesting are ready for baby?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen looks so great! I love the white plates! The pictures of the kiddos playing in the leaves are great! I'm kind of jealous of the leaves...the colors are so pretty! I know my boys would love to play in a big pile of leaves like that too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read about the arrival of Elizabeth!! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A week??? Wow, it seems like it went by so fast..for us readers anyway. The kitchen looks great, love the plates. I have been thinking of you and praying for a fast and easy delivery. Please keep us updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are FOR SURE nesting! I don't think I could keep up with you and I'm not even prego! Praying for Elizabeth's easy and soon arrival and wishing you all well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. Great job on the kitchen. The plates look great. Love the name for your baby girl too. CUTE!
    The leaf pictures are awesome as well. My favorite kinds of pictures! Well that and first day of school pics.

    ReplyDelete