Monday, March 29, 2010

"Not Me!" Monday

 

I am not really excited about this getting started...


...this is not a definite sure sign of Spring...at last!

Alex did not have his baseball evaluation day this weekend...and he did not run as fast as he could...
{checking his stats so far...}

...throw the ball as hard as he could...
{he does not get his hands mixed up!  He's a true lefty...but plays baseball, basketball and golf right-handed and tennis left-handed...go figure!}

...catch some ground balls, pop ups and fast pitches...


...and hit some homeruns...
{okay...he does not need a bit more practice for that to happen!}

{...sigh...doesn't he look so much bigger than last year?  Really!}

Emily did not have a great time on the playground while Alex was showing us his skills...
{and if you look closely...that is not dirt on her forehead...really...she did not get a big goose egg playing tag at a friend's house and run smack into a chair!  ...nice bruise...}


I did not finally get a great start on trying to exercise more by walking laps near the school before picking Emily up...did not sprint the last lap...did not feel as though my lungs were going to burst right out of my chest...and then did not let Emily talk me into eating lunch at Steak 'n Shake where I absolutely, positively did not enjoy a Peppermint chocolate-chip shake...{ugh}...I do not have a lot of work to do on my will power!  Geez...not me!  {It was not so delicious, either and so worth it to me...ahem...}

So how about you?  Do you get geared up for The Biggest Loser by grabbing a bag of Chex Mix...or let your kids skip brushing their teeth for one night and make sure they brush extra good in the morning?  Not me, either!  {Especially when Dad's an oral healthcare professional...ahem... he's not reading this is he?}

Be sure to head over to mckmama's and see what other might not be doing too! 

Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

  1. BASEBALL SEASON IS BACK!!! YAY!!! :) Tucker has been having practice for a couple of weeks now, and Perri's softball team, too. The Hubster is her coach, so this house is completely consumed by baseball/softball season! LOVE IT! :)
    Poor little Emily! Not fun to bonk your noggin' that way. :( Bet she had a dandy headache from that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Caleb to start baseball or soccer. I love going to the games. Mmm...Steak n Shake milkshakes, too yummy. And OUCH Emily...poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about your upcoming baseball season! I can't wait to see more pics. My kiddos are still a bit young for baseball.

    I love the pic of Alex through the fence...there I go again with the whole fence thing!! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun... I love little league baseball :) Sorry for emily and her boo boo... they don't call them boo boo's anymore right?! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not excited about tball...only because it seems to take over our lives for three months! Plus all our coaches think this is pro ball and make us practice a ridiculous amount of time! I really need some will power too...I am trying to start back walking today, and I hope I can keep making myself go and not just make it once this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I exercise so I can eat more. LOL Cute pictures. I hope that Alex did super well! WE are gearing up for Baseball too. Big fun! Ouch to em's forehead.

    ReplyDelete