Monday, October 12, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and so many others have not been doing this week!

Monday's roll around so fast these days...but I don't mind...it just gives me a chance to tell you all what didn't happen during the past week!

If you don't remember this...let me remind you that it was not me chasing a mouse around the kitchen with a jar at 10:30pm while the cats were not running the other way! {I think Whiskers and Snowball need a crash course on How to Catch a Mouse!} I was not even on my way to get a cupcake when all of this started! I did not corner this cute, sweet & adorable dirty little rodent into the pantry only to have it scurry under my legs and then behind the fridge! Eeeeeek! I was not quietly freaking out while the rest of the family was sleeping unaware of the happenings downstairs! "Now what?" is all I kept thinking! I was not going to let this thing get away! So I grabbed a candy jar from the pantry...sadly tossed out the remaining candy inside...pulled the fridge out from the wall and lowered the jar over the mouse! Whew! "Now what?" I did not stare at the jar with a feeling of success...take a few pictures and then try and put the lid on, lifting the jar up ever so slightly only to let that pesky fur ball scurry right on out and into the laundry room! Aaaaah! Finally, I did not trap it again behind a laundry basket, slide a magazine under him and then flip the jar over and tightly screw the lid on! I did not feel horrible trapping it in that jar letting it suffer...please don't hate me for just tossing the whole jar out with the mouse still inside...because I did not do that and I am not cruel like that! Let's hope that I do not have to do that again! After all...I don't have any more jars!


I certainly did not eat my weight in cupcakes this week...thanks to my birthday...and I am not going to try and make this box into something for Alex's Halloween costume {wish me luck!}...



...but sure makes for a fun time for Emily and Snowball in the meantime!

I also have not changed my blog background about a hundred times over the weekend! I do not become obsessed with things like that and have no trouble leaving things alone and "Let it be!" Not at all! Not me! {Don't be surprised if it's different the next time you visit!}

What did you not do? Happy Monday!

9 comments:

  1. Way to go mouse catcher! That's hilarious.

    Happy Belated Birthday too.

    Can't wait to see the costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, ew ew ew ew ew! I cannot believe you caught a mouse. And happy belated birthday and I love the new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea...not sure I could do it! I had a scorpian in my house and had to call a friend in for help...good for you for getting it done! And happy belated birthday...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds traumatic. Catching the mouse I mean, not the birthday (although that might have been traumatic, too ;) It's too funny that the kittens ran away from it. I'm sure they'll catch on sooner or later (hopefully, sooner rather than latter).

    Can't wait to see the costume!
    OH and I do love the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck, yuck, yuck! I can't believe you caught that mouse twice! I SO would have been screaming for Jason to come get it! And I would have thrown out the whole jar too! I can't wait to see Alex's halloween costume!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a better woman than I am Carrie. Way to go on capturing the little mouse yourself. I once had a mouse in my car and had to call my dad for help. We couldn't find him so I put cheese in my car to get the little guy. That didn't work. :)

    I love your new background & can't wait to see Emily's final pick for Halloween.

    Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I can't believe that little thing. He is kindof cute, but they are just so sneaky and gross. Good capture. Can't wait to see what the box will be. love the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't do a cotton-pickin' thing this weekend. I laid around eating Bon Bons and watching movies under my warm blankets all weekend. It was glorious!

    NOT!!!!!

    Poor wittle mousey-poo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Make the box so she wears it. Cut the bottom out for her legs/waist. Close up the top but cut out a small hole for her head. Cut out an arm hole on each side. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete