Monday, August 3, 2009

Home Again...slowly

Thanks so much to everyone for sticking with us while on vacation! We had a great time and loved sharing it with you all...but we are so glad to be home! I'm s-l-o-w-l-y trying to get back to reality! Dan took the kids to the golf course on Saturday while I unpacked all the suitcases and cleaned up slept forever in our own comfy bed! I actually did take a nap...but only after scrubbing all the nooks and crannies of the fridge from all the sludge and mold that found a home there after it died while we were away! YUCK! But, I think it was a blessing in disguise! It has never been cleaner! I didn't want to put any food back in it, it looked so good! But, alas, Emily and I had a girls' day on Sunday grocery and school shopping! She finally found the shoes of her dreams! Her brand new Skechers Twinkle Toes, just her size, just the color she wanted! She's been wearing them everywhere already, I'm sure they will be completely beat up before the first day of school, but I didn't want to dampen her dream! It's so hard to shop with her, but she knows what she wants, and I can't hardly buy her what I like anymore!

Today was another day of driving around town...first for Emily to have her Kindergarten screening and to meet her teacher! She was so excited this morning! She was up, dressed in a new school outfit, and backpack on at 7:30 this morning...as I was still lying in bed trying to figure out what day it was! We did not have to be there until 11:30 and she kept asking if it was time to go! She wouldn't tell me how her screening went, but she was thrilled to get a welcome certificate and a book about her school! She can not wait to ride the bus! I will be there with tissues and camera in hand! {sigh}


{off to Kindergarten...}

After that, Chili's for lunch! Oh how we missed Chili's while we were away! And then off to get Alex's weekly allergy shot...he did not miss that! And then shoe shopping for Alex...oh my, how his feet have grown! He is great to shop with...he agrees to whatever I pick out and picked out the first pair of shoes that had green on them {his favorite color}!

Ten more days until summer is considered over around here! Ten more days until early bed times and earlier wake-up calls! Ten more days until homework, homework, and homework!

Alex and Emily are very eager to get to school, and I'm eager to start a new routine...I know it will go so fast, and the kids will seem so grown-up this year! So for now...we will just s-l-o-w-l-y try to get back to reality...and enjoy these last few leisure days!

14 comments:

  1. Boo Hoo!!! I wrote a nice long post and my computer ate it :( Oh well, let's try this again!

    Emily will have a great time at kindergarten. But I know what you mean about being sad. Time flies way too quickly my friend!

    Glad you guys had a great vacation. I enjoyed your pics. They are beautiful...as always!

    Take care my friend!
    Hope you enjoy your last few days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so cute that Emily is so excited! :) I can't remember if I was ever excited to go to school...probably not! LOL! :)

    Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that you all start school in 10 days. We don't start until September 8th. I am loving that we still have a few weeks to recoup. I am still behind from being on vacation and house guests. Or maybe that is just an excuse. LOL
    I am sure you will get great first day of school pics and I am sure you will shed a tear...I know I always do. It is so hard to see them grow up so fast. How did our parents do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes sound like something Reagan would LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a kindergarten teacher I know the excitement of the first day of school!! We start next Monday and I too am looking for that routine to start! So glad that they both found the shoes of their dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Part of me is a little envious that you all go back to school so soon... and part of me is not yet ready to turn the kids in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, I am not looking forward to the days of sending the kids to school for the first time. I'm sure I will be a puddle of tears.
    And wow, your kids start school early! I bet they get done early then also. Glad to hear that you are getting back into the groove. Oh, and my fridge could use a good cleaning now that you are done with yours!
    Have a great week and enjoy these last few carefree days with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am tearing up just reading this! Jack starts kindergarten next Monday and I know I'm going to be a complete mess!
    I dread the day that Melody wants to pick out her own stuff...I love getting to dress her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! You will have both kiddos in school this year! Enjoy the last of your summer. It is the last of the times before emily is a school girl too. There is no turning back from there. It is fun times too though. Glad you are back safely and had a wonderful vacation.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your back! I LOVE Emily's new shoes! I know the feeling... shopping with daughters can be challenging!! They have a mind of their own when it comes to "fashion". I have to pull my girl back into reality quite often!!! Sounds like you will have some quite time on your hands soon! You will def. have to have those tissues ready for Emily's first day. Try not to cry on that nice camera!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you are home safely. We missed you. Emily looks adorable in her new outfit and shoes. We need to get together before the kids start school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can’t believe summer is almost over either! Glad you had a great time and I love the photo’s!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sit here wondering where the summer went?! But then I click back through the last few months of blogs and smile knowing exactly where it went! =0)

    Emily looks darling and I'm so glad she's EXCITED about school. Riley can hardly wait to start at her new school this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emily sounds like she is ready for school to start! We had open house last night...and Henry was so nervous and shy! I'm sure that will change when he get used to his teacher and class! We have discovery day tomorrow and then he offically starts school on Monday!

    ReplyDelete