1. I love my family - I love Dan because he works so hard to provide for us, and thinks about our needs before his own. I love his sense of humor, and his quick ability to entertain us and make us laugh! I love Alex because he is a comedian and a prankster! He knows when to turn a crummy situation into something funny and surprising! I love his generosity and gentle nature. I love Emily because she loves to snuggle and make me feel better with a big hug! I love her carefree nature and when she sings and whistles to herself in contentment. I love Skipper because he's our best friend! He seems to know when I need a soft head to pat or a paw to shake! He's always happy to see us! And I love all of our family, because family is everything and people you can always count on!

2. I love my friends - I love being involved in the local MOPS group in town, and being part of something more. I love being surrounded by their comfort and prayer, and having several women to go to to talk about 'mom stuff' and be able to relate potty training, meltdowns, and other children for our kids to make friendships with outside of school. I love the Bunco group we've formed to give us a chance to relax and have fun conversations and socialize with yummy snacks and treats, and play a fun game! We've somehow become the 'Bunco Babes' and I look forward to it every month!
3. I love Bible Study - This is also a group that I attend as a part of MOPS and something I cherish! I've learned a lot about myself, my marriage and my family and I even learned how to pray! That may sound silly, but I realized that maybe I wasn't asking the Lord for the right things or approaching Him in the right manner. I'm still a 'work in progress' but I like to think that I've become a much better person because of it!
4. I love to knit - My friend Robin taught me how to knit about 3 years ago, and everytime I sit down to make something, I think of her. I love curling up somewhere with my ball of yarn and needles, sometimes at home, sometimes at Starbucks with friends or at a friend's house, and having coffee, chatting or just sitting by myself quietly and knitting each stitch wondering how it will look when it's finished!

5. I love Madeira Beach - We always look forward to our summer vacation in Madeira Beach with the family. Alex and Emily love spending time with Grandma and Grandpa and their cousins and having fun in the sun, swimming, and playing on the beach!

6. I love pictures - (maybe this should've been #1!) I love looking back at all the pictures I've taken and the memories we've had. When life demands so much with school, activities, and other obligations, it's easy to forget how things used to be. It's so fun to see all the things we've done, and how much the kids have grown!
7. I love when no one knows I'm there - I love when the kids are playing, singing and dancing when they don't know that I'm watching! I love to hear the things they say and watch how well they play together making up games and silly songs!
8. I love being outside - I love being able to be out in the fresh air, playing in the snow, riding bikes, taking walks or even just laying in the sun. We've loved being able to swim and have campouts and roast marshmallows in our own backyard. It's a blessing to be able to enjoy the beautiful outdoors!

9. I love quiet time - I love the time of day after playing with the kids, going to different activities and doing chores when I just have a chance to sit down and have some quiet time. I watch a tv show that I like, or close my eyes and rest, or read a magazine. Whatever I choose to do, I try to make a little space in the day that is my quiet time, so I feel a little more refreshed to face the rest of the day and it's challenges!
10. I love bedtime - I love bedtime because I know that I've made it through another day! I love when I get to tuck the kids into bed and read a story, or have them read it to me, and ask them what their favorite part of the day was. I love when they go to sleep and look so innocent and peaceful, and I love that we are able to wake up and start a new day!











No comments:
Post a Comment