Sunday, June 5, 2011

{Common}ers

We've been enjoying our summer break so far...{all two days of it}...but it's such a great feeling to wake up with no agenda and stay in pjs for as long as we want! 

I only wish Dan could take off for the whole summer too!  If it weren't for his hard work and support...we wouldn't get to have all the fun!  He's such a great husband and daddy!  I don't tell him that enough...and he deserves to hear it every day!

I love the small town we live in...big enough to feel like I have to drive so far to get to the other side {only about 10 to 15 minutes max!} but small enough that you're always going to see someone you know at the grocery store and even people you don't know...but know them because you always see them at the grocery store!  Anyway...{I'm completely rambling...Elizabeth has pretty much sucked all my brain power from me lately!} ...the new Commons opened recently in town and the kids and I went and played on the new playground that they've been waiting so anxiously for about the last 4 years to play on! 



Before the renovation...it has always been a great place to meet other moms and hang out with the kids...but it just got so much better! 



It's so much brighter and more colorful...and fun for kids of all ages!  The climbing thing makes me a little nervous...but Alex and Emily loved it!  Emily said it was scary at the top...but it didn't stop her from going up about a hundred times!




Ellie loved it all too!  She took in all the colors and activity and would laugh out loud at the chaos...literally...
{this sculpture is called Chaos!  ha!}


There is a nice little space for the little tikes to play in too...and she had a great time trying it out for the first time...



I'm sure we'll become {common}ers hanging out here on those too-hot days this summer...as well as the rainy ones!




And then heading across the street...



...to Zaharakos to fill up on soda-fountain sweets and treats!



We love sitting at the counter and watching all the sundaes, shakes and banana-splits being made...and of course ordering some for ourselves!

And what better way to burn off those sweet calories than splashing in the pool!


{I absolutely love seeing Ellie with her big bro and sis!  They truly adore her!}


...and a water balloon fight with neighborhood friends!


{okay...I admit...I wasn't burning many calories just floating around watching it all happen...but still!}

And I certainly didn't leave many calories behind from all the delicious food at Bethanie's Open House {Dan's niece}...


Bethanie's headed to college!  It's unbelievable to me that she was just a small baby when Dan and I met back in high school...and look at her now!  She's accomplished great things...and I know there is so much more success in her future!  Congrats Bethanie!

It was a sweltering afternoon...but the kids had fun playing outside...



...while Elizabeth tried to make the rounds and stay cool inside...




Yep...I'd say we're having a pretty good summer so far!

5 comments:

  1. Great pics! And it looks like you are definitely having a good summer so far. :) Our real summer will begin Tuesday at around noon. That's when the awards assembly will end and school will dismiss for summer. YAY!!! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the New Commons! The kids will be so excited. Well, let's face it they are excited that they get to see all their old Indiana friends in a couple of days. They are just beside themselves. Abby was asking if she was going to be seeing Emily. I told her I thought so. I look forward to seeing you all. And thanks for so such great pictures. Those are two places we will be visiting on our trip up there for sure. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you guys are off to a great start! That play area looks great and I can see you all are going to get good use out of that place. Ooh the soda drinks look really good too :) And of course you know I love your pool...so refreshing. It's going to be a hot one here this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first place looks amazing! Is it a mall? And you are totally making me what to hit up our local soda shop:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow girl that is the best indoor playground. I have to say I am a little jealous. That is so nice. I wish we had a fun indoor free place to enjoy this summer. Loving the pool pictures too because of those little baby feet. So cute.

    ReplyDelete