Monday, May 23, 2011

Long Time, No See Cry

We had a pretty non-eventful weekend...except a spur of the moment trip to Louisville for some new wheels! {Yip Yip!}, baseball practice, and a bridal shower! 

Okay, maybe a little eventful!  We were so thrilled when my old mom-taxi was finally paid off a few months ago...but of course it started klinkin' under the hood...so long story short...I now have a new mom-taxi...and this momma's so excited! 



I was fine with the old...but I sure do love the new...and it's been a long time coming!  The kids love the dvd player and Alex has claimed his spot in the middle so he is closest to all the controls!  However...it does come with a small price...


...he has to sit next to poor Ellie when she's singing!  ha! 
{And...I'm trying this out...I kinda hope the nickname Ellie sticks...but we'll see how it fits!}

Emily, Ellie and I went to my second cousin, Lindsey's bridal shower on Sunday...and this little spitfire was all fired up!




She would not go to anyone without crying! 

Lily was only a little bit successful!


{remember when I took Lily's 6-month pics back here?  Now she's 14 months already!   I can't believe how long it's been!  That was also when I got to take pics of the soon-to-be bride!}

But we still had a good time seeing my mom, sister and all my cousins!

{Ellie and Gram}

{Breanna and Emily}

{...with Hannah...}

{my sis Nicole and me}

Emily had a great time running around with Hannah...

...helping Breanna and Lindsey {sisters} with the gifts...


...and of course enjoying some yummy chocolate-covered strawberries!

My cousin Lisa has so much to prepare for and so much to be proud of this year...
Not only is Lindsey getting married in less than a month...
...But Breanna and her twin brother Brock are graduating high school, and their other brother Seth is graduating from college!  Wow, what a year!  Congratulations to all of them!

{Elizabeth is mildly amused in this picture because she is pulling Emily's hair!}

I just know it won't be long before that is all happening in our household...and I just know I will cry!


But for now...I'm secretly a little relieved that Ellie is only happy in my arms...because I know she won't be forever!  {wah!} 


5 comments:

  1. That last picture is great Carrie! I like Ellie:) I hope it sticks! Yay for a new car....I don't know how we lived without the dvd player in our car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new car!!!! I know you will enjoy it :) I love Ellie! I hope it sticks as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ellie...I think it is so cute and I too hope it sticks!

    Cute pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Ellie! Sounds a lot like Kelli! ;) The new wheels look really nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMgosh your new ride is sweet. Mine has been paid off for years now. Hmm I will have to drop a little bug in my husbands ear about a new ride :) Love it! Ellie fits her. She is so cute! Stunt Man was the same way for the first 5 months of his life. Cried whenever he was with anyone else. Sadly he started to warm up and now he is just a big boy. sigh. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete