Well...she should be in school...but the infamous fever has struck again. It got Alex last week...and it came back for Emily. She went to the doctor this morning...but he said it's probably just a virus. She has the terrible barking cough again, but the fever seems better. So we decided to just go out and take a walk and get some fresh air...and blow those stinkin' germs away!
{the crew}
It's great what the sunshine and a nice brisk walk can do!
As soon as we were off...Dan pulled up with some trees to plant! {he loves his trees!}
{a little help after our walk}
{Skipper is always on alert when someone gets too close! he's barking at Dan before he even realizes who it is!}
{and Elizabeth is all smiles to see her Daddy!}
I don't ever wish for them to be sick...but I secretly loved having Emily home today! I miss the days last year when she'd be home in the afternoon from Kindergarten.
If it were up to me...I'd keep them home.every day.all to myself.and keep them little
...if only that were possible...sigh...
So I will enjoy any second I can...
...whenever I can get it...
{even Skipper...he's getting to be such an old boy...he has been with us from the beginning...and is always close by...he's practically my shadow all day when I am home...
{do you see him? that's his nose in the lower left corner...ha!}
{such a good dog!}
Yes...if it were up to me...I'd keep them all to myself...
...but it's not...
so I'll cherish our walks...{even with a virus}...
if it means more time with my little ones!



























adorable girls! and seriously, the trees in our neighborhood or gorgeous! i need to get out with the camera! i love the 3-9 months age...they smile at everything, it's much easier to get photographs of them when they think everything is exciting! don't you wish we always felt that way :) have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletewhat a fun, beautiful day!! super cute pictures of your girls!!
ReplyDeleteYou tell Miss Emily to get better soon :) Those are adorable pictures. I love the one of Elizabeth's feet. Looks like a nice day to be outside.
ReplyDeleteHope Emily is all better quickly. Looks like your weather is gorgeous! We had a lovely day yesterday and then rain off and on all day today.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth is growing so quickly! She's an absolute doll baby. :)
What a great post. They grow so fast, if only we knew now what we did not know with our first baby!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you have GREEN grass, you must be further south than I thought.
We still have snow and temps below +10 Celsisus during the day.
I have to get over here and get caught up on your blog. Elizabeth is growing so fast!
Sorry about the sickness again. Stunt Man has that cough too but no fever. HOpe she is feeling better, but glad you enjoyed your day with the girls.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean about them being too sick to go to school, but not so sick they have to lay around on the couch-- it can be a very memorable day-- especially when it's as beautiful as it was here!
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of Elizabeth looking at her daddy. Ah, the love little girls have for Dad:) She looks so sweet in that hat too!
How adorable is that last picture! And I think I say this all the time, but Elizabeth is just a mini-Emily isn't she:) I love all the pictures with the pretty trees in the background!
ReplyDelete