...this poor little robin looks lost...
...she knows that Spring should be just around the corner...
...but this cold, white stuff keeps falling from the sky and won't seem to go away! ...sigh...
...but the groundhog did say an early Spring right? Let's hope so...stick around Robin...it won't be long now!
It's been a pretty uneventful week...which is not a bad thing... so since there's nothing to do outside...that only means that Elizabeth and I have to hang around inside, so we decided to clean the kitchen floor!
So exciting...
...that Elizabeth fell asleep on the job!
{sorry for the bad ipod pics...but it sure does take quick, nifty pictures!}
Ha! I was using the Hoover FloorMate, which works great for a quick clean, but it is so loud! Elizabeth seems to love loud noises like that...the vacuum usually soothes her too...it's like a lullaby! You'd think I'd have cleaner floors...wish that were the case!
Once we took such great care in cleaning the floors...she and Alex decided to throw up on it! Ewwww! Elizabeth just spits up every now and then in a projectile manner over my shoulder...and Alex has been home the last few days with the flu. We were just on our way out the door to see the doctor Monday morning and he said he needed to go to the bathroom...and he didn't look good, so I knew something was up...then I heard it hit the floor! He didn't even lift the toilet seat...but at least he made it to the bathroom and it didn't happen in the car! Poor Alex. At the doctor I had to hold his arms down so the nurse could swab his nose and throat...he is not a good patient! He's doing better though...his fever has gone down...and he lost his voice, but it's coming back. I hate when the kids are sick...but I don't mind having them home in their jammies snuggling on the couch.
This is usually how our evenings look just before, during and sometimes after dinner...
...ugh...homework! We had just came home from the library and Elizabeth is still sleeping in her car seat! And Alex had lots of homework since he missed school. {Even though he's sick doesn't mean he gets out of doing his school work!} This picture cracks me up because I think they are both doing math and counting on their fingers! We are trying to stop that...but they still do it!
Last night we went to watch Emily at her gymnastics practice...and we're so proud that she moved up two levels! I'm anxious to see how she does learning new skills...the next level prepares her for competition so I hope she will really enjoy it and push herself to do even better!
Alex was entertained by taking pictures with my ipod...
ha!...she makes the funniest faces...she is the happiest baby of the three of them by far...and she just enjoys being wherever we have to go!
Hope you all enjoy the rest of the week...the next one will be here before I know it! Emily was invited to a good friend's sleepover next Friday...and she packed her bag the same day she got the invitation! It's all ready to go! I haven't been brave enough to host a sleepover for Emily yet...but I know she's going to want one soon!
The only things on our agenda coming up are planning a date for Emily and Elizabeth's baptism. I'm so happy they will get to share this event together! When we moved here before Emily was born we didn't have a home church for a long time and then we just kept putting off her baptism, but I'm happy now that she can celebrate this day with her sister! We're also planning a trip to the American Girl Doll store in Chicago during Spring Break as a part of Emily's birthday. {I'll admit I'm just as excited!} Let's hope the snow melts before then...so we can get these two little dolls to the doll store!
So what's up with you?




















That last picture is so cute! And man I am so jealous you are going to the American Girl store...I think my boys would revolt if I took them:) Henry and Grant are both home from school today with fever and coughs. I'm pretty sure it's not the flu, just a yucky bug! We will probably be doing lots of school work this afternoon and they will be going back to school tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHey- I still count on my fingers!! I love all of the pictures. That Elizabeth is a doll. I hope Alex gets better really fast.
ReplyDeleteMore snow and freezing temps...that is what is up with us! Ugh! But we are staying positive and keeping busy being locked up in the house!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you and little E! Her smile is presh!!!!