Thursday, July 22, 2010

{Lucky} Strike

This is one {lucky} girl...

We woke up bright and early late and lazy again today with just a few plans to get out of the house...but Emily's friend called this morning and invited her to go to the Children's Museum with her...

...and to sleep over again!


Yes...she insisted on wearing the same dress as last time...but Lanie got to go this time!  Emily's hair looked about the same as Lanie's seconds before we headed out the door!  She was one excited girl!  Her friend's mom told me that she overheard her saying that they had the best sleepover ever!  I'm so thankful that Emily has such a great friend and that she has such a wonderful mom...I have yet to let Emily have a sleepover at our house...she's already been planning it...I just need to find a place for Alex to stay...because the girls love to chase him!  It could be a wild house! 

So that left me with a date with this handsome fellow...

He was also more than excited to have another day to soak up all the attention and have his choice of what to do... first, lunch at Chili's, of course ... then bowling!  {He even wore his bowling shirt!  ha!}

I can promise you though...there were definitely no strikes!  It looked a little more like this...

...those are some sad stats!

But I haven't bowled in years...so I blamed my balance and skill on the extra bowling ball I was carrying around...ahem...

But we had a great time!  I love when I get the chance to spend some extra one-on-one time with Alex and Emily!

{btw...we forgot our socks...so if you're gagging like I was when we had to wear the shoes...I'm sorry...but we came home and stuck our feet in the heavily-chlorinated pool for awhile!  ha!  It was worth it...I think...}

After bowling {we also scrubbed our hands before we left...ew!  I love bowling...but it does leave you feeling a bit germy!} we went to Culver's for drinks and ice-cream!

Thanks for a wonderful date, Alex! 

Next time he told me we're going roller-skating!  I said I'd be happy to watch...I haven't made good on my word on roller-skating with him, yet...but I think I have a valid excuse this time!

8 comments:

  1. Awwee! Looks like you had an awesome date! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! And what a super cute date! I love your extra bowling ball ;) You look very cute...as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really cannot wait until Melody is into American Girl dolls!! And what a fun date!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great that Emily has a great friend to do fun things with. So excited to see you and Alex spend time together. Caroline and I had the whole day and night to ourselves last Saturday and we had so much fun. We need to do that more often especially before school starts. Great pics as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh too cute. I love one on one time with my kids too. It is sweet memories and treasured time. Cute pictures. I love that the bowling ball is bigger than your 20 week belly. yOu are so tiny and cute. YOur hair is getting so long again. Love it.
    yeah for Emily. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet that Emily was able to have another sleepover!!! I love having one on one time with my kids and it looks like you and Alex had a great time. Jamison and Rondell are going to have a bowling date soon. And yes, I think you can sit out on the skating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily is so SUPER adorable dressed up like her doll! And I love that Alex wore his bowling shirt to the bowling alley:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the matching dresses!

    Sasha speaks of a sleepover all the time but with 4 children of my own it's tough to do. Owen had to wait till he was 7 so maybe she will have to do the same.

    Great pics..Alex is a handsome little man and you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete