Thursday, May 6, 2010

{Chalk} Up Another One!

It's Teacher Appreciation Week...and I've had these little tin buckets and garden stakes for awhile knowing that Alex and Emily would give them to their teachers this week.  So Emily picked out the flowers and we planted them and thought they were ready to go...
...but they looked a little boring...


...so, of course Kelli always has the best ideas!  {Check out her creativity here!  And stop by Mimi's too...I love her fun little flower pots too!}  I went down to the basement and grabbed my chalkboard paint {I love this stuff!} and scraped some more out of the bottom and embellished them a little bit more...

{...and, of course, the Cricut helped a little too!} 

Let's hope the teachers can keep the flowers alive better than I can...they were already looking a little sad!  I also have a gift card and other little goodies to add...just in case their thumb isn't so green either!  So...here we are...the last day of the week {I always wait until the last minute!}...but we truly appreciate our teachers, they do an amazing job!  Seriously...just volunteering once a week can be overwhelming! 

Be sure to thank your teachers this week...they deserve it!

10 comments:

  1. They are so cute! You noticed that I sent our teachers paper flowers instead of real ones...I was afraid I might kill the flowers before they made it to school too:) I love the little garden stakes! I'm sure their teachers will love them...better late than never right:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable. I love the chalkboard paint and picks in them. I really really need to get some chalkboard paint. I have a bunch of projects saved with chalkboard paint. You gals are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to add a gift card to ours too. They turned out cute. I love the tin cans even better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! We may just have to steal this idea from you at the end of our school year for Reagan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!!! Love these-wish I thought of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look fantastic!!! you did an amazing job. and of course, great pictures, as always!i want to be your kids' teacher! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so stinkin' creative! I love love how these turned out. I just may have to steal this idea some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really cute and I know the teachers will love them. Kelli and Mimi are great with the crafts, aren't they. The Cricut is such a great tool...glad you're getting good use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happ Mother Day. Love Dad xoxoxo may 7,2010

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look GREAT! And such a fun craft for everyone to do!!

    ReplyDelete