Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Day

We've had spectacular weather so far for our Spring Break at home!  We've been able to sleep in {even to 10am today...ahem...} and get out and enjoy the sunshine and {almost} green grass! 

Today we ate at...where else...

Chili's!

After lunch we headed to Petco to see the cute kittens, ferrets, rats {ewww!} guinea pigs and birds and stock up on more cat food and cat litter!  Everytime we visit, there are always different cats to see...I hope that means that all the kittens are finding nice new homes!  Today Alex and Emily really wanted to take Mike home...too bad we couldn't, but I think we're good on pets right now!
Next...ice-cream at Zaharakos...

...a fun old-fashioned ice-cream parlor that's been restored where they dress up like the early 1900's when it first opened! 

Alex and Emily got orange dreamsicle ice-cream and I had a hot-fudge sundae with chocolate chips, sprinkles and whipped cream!  {burp!}


I decided we needed to walk off those delicious calories by becoming tourists in our own city...supposedly known for its architecture and sculptures...even though I don't have a clue...we had lots of fun checking it out first-hand instead of just driving by on our way to Target like we usually do!


Alex & Emily had tons of fun running in and out and around all the columns of the Veterans Memorial!

And I had tons of fun finally figuring out how to use the timer on my camera!

Emily wanted to take a picture with the 'kids'...they are always dressed up for the weather and holidays!

It was such a fun day around our small city enjoying St. Patrick's Day and the warm, sunny weather!  We also had a super fun day yesterday with Annie and Andrew!  I will post about that too...but I didn't want to overwhelm you with so many pictures...as if I haven't already!  Hope you're all enjoying this Green Day too!

8 comments:

  1. It looks like such a fun day! That ice cream place looks like it is yummy...I think I would have had to pick mint chocolate chip for today! I love the pic of Alex holding the clover and the one where you were testing out the timer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your pictures. Looks like such a fun day and yes, the weather is just amazing. How fun that you get to soak it up over break! I love the idea that you get to sleep until 10!!! Tomorrow should be another beautiful day. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures were fabulous. Gorgeous weather you are having too. Far better than all that snow. :)
    I just recently learned how to use my timer setting too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures!
    I am loving these beautiful spring days....
    and always we love Chillis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im in Shamrock love over that clover photo!!! All of them are stunning and it has me wondering if I can come live in your town...a chilis, old charm ice cream, AND cool artistic sculptures...IM SOLD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day you had! I LOVE that ice cream parlor and I can't believe you didn't believe you didn't at least bring the rest of us a cone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun pics!! I love them all! We love Chili's...yum!

    Cute clover pic of Alex, def.my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your adventures look like such fun. Can I come with some time :) Ha!!

    ReplyDelete