Monday, October 26, 2009

{Peak}-a-Boo!

While Dan is enjoying the warm temps of Arizona this weekend attending conferences for work {maybe not enjoying that part so much!}...the kids and I enjoyed the {peak} of the Fall colors here at home. It has been such a wet, cold season so far, but we finally had the perfect Fall day to hike at the nearby state park and take in the fun Fall atmosphere!



The first stop is to ride the ponies! I could not even get Alex near a horse early last year, but ever since his first pony ride, he cannot wait to do it again! I, on the other hand, am not too fond of horse-back riding...they can sense the fear, y'know! {Alex's horse thinks that is just hilarious, because he knows!}





A {peak} at the leaves...





{...and in a true {Not Me!} mention...I am not so proud of Alex & Emily for trying out their photography skills so that Mommy can come out from behind the camera sometimes!}


...a healthy hike around the lake...







{This picture does not make me just a little sad...look at how tall Alex is getting! He is going to be up to my shoulders next year!...sigh...}


Last stop...the Lookout Tower...





Emily loved sitting on the "front porch" {as she called it}...and I can't blame her...such a lovely view!

Thanks for taking a {peak} at the Fall foilage with us! I love this time of year...up until every last leaf...


...falls.

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures...get her off that wall please she is going to fall. LOL
    Great shot of Alex in the look out window. Too cute. I think you have some great photographers on your hands. BEautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beutiful pics!!! Makes me want to goto the lake,looks very similar.
    You have a beautiful family Carrie!!

    I'd totally frame the last pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! The kids did a great job with the pics they took - it looks like they are mini photographers in training! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take fabulous pictures...and your kids always looks ADORABLE! I love love love the beautiful colors of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wozers! Those pictures are absolutely beautiful. Wish we had a park like that close by. We didn't get very good fall colors this year as we had a week of freezing (literally) weather and the leaves all died and fell off (or just truned brown) before they had a chance to change. Enjoy the rest of your fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I've got to travel more!!! The colors are just AWESOME, Carrie! Breathtaking! I'd have had another 50 pictures in that post cuz I just don't get to see stuff like that here in Tejas! =0)

    I'm glad you passed the camera off to the kids too. It's good to see MOM in the pictures. So who took the one of all three of you? Mr. Timer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pics they are amazing!

    Once again this is me loving your leaves :)

    I love little Miss Emily's style.
    She is simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great pictures as usual. I love the ones the kids took of you too. Those trees are just amazing and I love the picture of the trees and the lake. Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my word, what gorgeous pictures! :-) those colors are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, Girl!!! Miss you all so much. I am so disappointed that I never made it out there while we were living there. Oh, well. maybe on a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carrie, these pictures are so wonderful. I love all of the foilage you captured. The colors are just gorgeous. I also love the pics of you and the kids. Too bad Dan missed all of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SOOOOO jealous of your fall (and AMAZING pictures)!! It is beautiful where you live!!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I wanna live there...look at the trees and the look out castle and those little beauties that you get to snap pics of every day!!! You are one blessed mommy...and A+ to the kiddos for snapping mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely breath taking pics! Love the pics of the trees with the kids overlooking...fabulous! I miss fall so much...here in AZ, it should be in the 70s in a few day and then back to the 80s for the weekend! Hope Dan enjoys his time here! Is he in the Valley?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pics are so beautiful! We are finally getting a few {and I mean just a very few} pretty fall leaves! I am with you on the horses. My boys like to ride on ponies, but horses freak me out a little...especially big horses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how beautiful!!!! I love the fall leaves too. Ours are not very pretty this year. But hubby & I were able to go into the mountains this past weekend. The leaves were beautiful. I enjoyed every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete