Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and so many others have not been doing this week!
Let's start by saying I don't like confrontation...at all...nothing confrontational with anyone! Therefore...I did not stand in the car pick-up line for Emily confronting a teacher on how to pick Emily up! Of course that wasn't me! I was not demanded by the teacher that I need to pull all the way up to the cones {a mere car length in front of me} before I could get Emily...who was already standing next to the passenger door ready to get in! I did not stand there and continue to confront her saying "I will next time...can I just go ahead and get her in the car?" She did not say "Get in the car and pull up now!" I was not a little scared like one of the kids...and do what I was told...continuing to be confrontational on my way around the car saying, "It's going to take me longer to get in and pull up than it will to just put her in the car!" {grrrr!} You can bet that it was not me who was first in line the very next day...pulled all the way up to the cones! Not me!
Emily will not be having another first day of school today. She will not be in a brand new class, with a brand new teacher that I've never met...starting from scratch! She will not be in a class with strictly all half-day kindergartners in order to make her class smaller and less confusing when realeasing the half-day kids from the full-day kids! She is not most upset about losing her locker than getting a new class!
I did not eat only cupcakes for breakfast and lunch and not realize it until we were trapped in the tiny allergy doctor office for Alex waiting...and waiting...waiting some more for the doctor...when I began getting very cranky and tired! We did not end that visit over an hour and half later with me repeatedly telling Alex "no!" and "stop!" and "finish your homework!" {sigh...} We did not deserve pizza for dinner and all feel better! {This was not on the same day as my teacher confrontation...nope!}
You would not have found us at the Cincinnati Reds vs LA Dodgers game this weekend enjoying popcorn and Cracker Jacks!

{Alex made this sign...Grandpa is a Dodgers fan! Emily was just ready to use her pom-poms and cheer for all the players!}
Emily did not finally get to be on the big screen shaking her pom-poms in the seventh inning! She was not so excited!


We did not have a great time and will not be going back! Alex did not say he wants the Reds to win next time because he did not love the big cannon booms when the Reds hit a home run! So not fun!







{3 Generations - Dan, Alex & Grandpa}



I did not spend my entire Sunday in pajamas, take a long nap with the kids and stay up late eating Chili Cheese Fritos. What? Not me! I always eat nutritious food! {really...I say this all the time! Cupcakes and chips are totally healthy!}
I will not be pulling out the long sleeves and pants this week because the temperatures will not be in the 40's in the morning! {Brr! Good-bye Summer!}
Happy Monday!











first things first and most importantly... chili cheese fritos? seriously??? I have to get my hands on some!
ReplyDeleteand as always your pictures are NOT gorgeous!
but that teacher in the car pool lane IS a jerk!
Man...it sounds like you had a pretty stressful week dealing with school! Pickup at school always stresses me out...I always think I going to end up missing where he is standing and have to wait forever! The pics from the game are great. It looks like everyone had a blast! I hope Emily has a good time in her new class!
ReplyDeleteLoved the game pictures. Great shots. How fun. i do not like confrontation either. Our pick up line is like that too. :) You get used to it.
ReplyDeleteI had chili cheese fritos last night too. I had to laugh out loud. I will be in long pants too today. what is going on with our weather.
Ball games are the BEST...went to a Montreal Expos game a LONG time ago but ate Quebec Poutine, hotdogs and popcorn (I was 4 months pregnant so I could..lol)
ReplyDeleteGreat pics.
Are you serious Carrie? It's already COLD there? Yesterday was the first time in over 70 days that we DIDN'T hit the triple digits! We're supposed to have a cooler week this week and ONLY be in the HIGH 90's. I bet we'll be back up to triple digits next week. Man, I love Texas! =0)
ReplyDeleteGreat pics of what looks like a great game! =0)
Oh my gosh! It looks like you guys had such a great time at the baseball game. I love going to Cubs games, mainly for the food! :)
ReplyDeleteI hate confrontation too and probably would have been scared of the teacher as well!
Wow, you poor thing with the teacher... sounds like she was having a "power struggle" moment!!!! Congrats to you for trying to stick to your guns!!! The ball game looked like fun... I know Emily was thrilled to see herself on the big screen! How exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a terrible, no-good, very bad day! Glad you made up for it with some pizza, though. Good junk food always makes my problems seem to melt away ;)
ReplyDeleteOH and the game looks like it was lots of fun. How exciting for Emily to make it on the big screen!
ReplyDeleteMan...that pick up issue sounds like a drag. I hope Em is OK in her new class.
ReplyDeleteThe game looks awesome and how cool that Emily made it on the big screen!!!!
Love the junk food for breakfast. I mean... no junk for for breakfast. I have NEVER done that before either!! ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat "not me's"! I do NOT eat unhealthy foods too...
ReplyDeleteGreat pics...I love the treatments, especially on the last one!
And PS - I think I'd have chewed that 'car lane' lady out, too. I was hoping you WON,but dang it, you gave in. Ugggh ((I prolly would've too.))
ReplyDeleteYou were in Ohio and didn't see me? What? Ha, ha. I really wish I could have been a fly on the building to see you and the teacher. Funny. Um, how did you do your new header. Do you use digital scrapbooking kits?
ReplyDeleteWow, I can't believe she spoke to you that way. I'm a little concerned about how she talks to the kids if that's how she talks to you!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I would have been sooooo tempted to drive up to the cone as slowly as I could, lol!
Cute pictures at the game!
~ Nan
I do not look for any excuse I can to have pizza for dinner. Nope, no way. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures of the game! That looks like a lot of fun.
Wow! You did NOT have a busy week doing nothing! I can't belive the lady at school. I know I would NOT have been able to hold back if that happened to me. And the ball game certainly does not look like any fun! Okay, it does and I wish we could have been there too! Your pictures are awesome and I love your editing. Hope this week goes much better for you!
ReplyDeleteGreat baseball pictures! I love going to a MLB game. Looks like you had a great time.
ReplyDelete