Monday, August 17, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and so many others have not been doing this week!

Monday...again...I tried to deny it last week, but it's back! Monday's are not especially harder now with school in session...but that means you might not find me taking a walk, sipping an iced coffee, or maybe not finding me still in my pj's! I'm not just a little sad, though...and I do not miss Alex and Emily a little...just a little!

We did not have a fun Saturday strolling around the grounds of our favorite nursery {Dan's second home!} looking at the beautiful flowers and plants, while Dan did not get some more trees for planting in the Fall! {He loves his yard!}









We did not get a tour around the tree farm in an old pick-up truck...play with the friendly nursery pets...or "awwww" at the newborn kittens!

This is Kitty Mama...


Because of her...we are not bringing home a kitty just like her in about 4 weeks! Not us! We haven't even named it Whiskers already, either...because she wasn't just too cute...so she will not have a great home at Martin Manor! The kids are not super excited about it! Skipper...well, we haven't told him the good news, yet! Hope he likes surprises! {I hope I have not made a mistake...gulp!}

Before all the fun we did not have at the nursery, we did not stop at a favorite drive-in diner along the way! Because we were nowhere near it, I didn't stuff the biggest, greasiest, most delicious onion rings I've ever had in my mouth...or wash them down with a large marshmallow coke! I absolutely did not do that! I eat much more healthy foods than that! {My mouth is not watering right now thinking about it!} Yum! I will certainly not need my cholesterol checked after that! {Burp!}

Speaking of food...I did not get caught at a different Chili's eating establishment {my second home!} by one of our favorite servers! We've missed him at our hometown Chili's and wondered what happened to him... well, we did not find him! {apparently he moved!} It was not a little embarrassing for me that he discovered that we do not sometimes frequent other Chili's restaurants when there are other places to eat...like home! But we did not love that he still remembered what we always order...chips and salsa... with a side of ranch {for Emily} ...diet coke {for me} ...and root beer in a bottle {for Alex}!

{I thought I was done with this post...hang in there! This just in...}

Alex has not finally accomplished something we set a goal for a big first grader to do...





Success!



He did not finally learn how to tie his shoes! {Yahoo!} It did not take lots of patience and several tries before he could do it all by himself...it did not take a little more encouragement and incentive {$1} to keep his motivation strong! {Boys are not much different than girls...whew! And he is not a lefty! Everything is not a little different for a lefty!} Awesome Alex!

What did you not do? Don't tell me about...or do! Happy Monday!

13 comments:

  1. What is a marshmallow coke? It sounds yummy! Congrats to Alex!!!! It took forever for my son to learn to tie his shoe! He still stuggles with getting it tight enough and he's 14! Have fun with the kitty! I know the kids are excited! I hope Skipper will be as thrilled as the kids! Enjoy your day while the kids are away!! We will be here hitting the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome about his shoes. I will have to try that with Stunt Man. Money speaks. LOL
    I can't believe you will be bringing a kitten home. Those cute faces just suck you in. That is why I haven't taken my kids puppy shopping yet. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I never thought of showing Owen how to do that..the school requires velcro for grade one still. Good idea and way to go Alex!

    Beautiful pics once again..is that all photoshop or is some of that just your camera settings? I want to take a photography lesson this year and buy a new Nikon camera so I'm curious of your pics.

    Wish I could have shared the onion rings with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marshmallow coke?!? I don't know what that is but it sounds SUPER delicious! Mondays are not just a little harder around here either now that school has started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tying a shoe is BIG!!!
    Congrats to Alex...
    And all your pictures are darling-great photography!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a big weekend for the Martins! A kitty and shoe tieing....AWESOME ALEX!

    Love the shots at the nursery too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you guys had a great weekend. Congrats to Alex! That's a big deal, tieing your shoes.

    A new kitty cat - can't wait to see her.

    A marshmallow coke - yummy!! And onion rings, my favorite.

    Great pics as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job Alex! What an accomplishment for you!
    This was a great NOT ME post Carrie! I loved it!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Congrats to Alex!! That is a huge deal and accomplishment!! :)

    The nursery pics look amazing of course.

    How exciting about Whiskers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That nursery is gorgeous...I love your photos and the treatment that you used.
    Way to go Alex on the shoes!
    Can't wait to see pics of Whiskers in the near future...

    Out of curiosity, what photo editing program do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a lefty too...it's a tough world for us out there! ;) Go Alex! What the heck is a marshmallow coke?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwww, beautiful pictures at the Nursery!

    And great job, Alex! WOO HOO!

    Erica =0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job Alex! You should be very proud of yourself. Learning to tie your shoe is no easy feat.

    Beautiful pics as always my friend! Can't wait to see pics of that new kitty. I bet she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete