Okay...so I'm not a day late...but not because we've been celebrating a big birthday and getting ready for a fun, family Florida vacation!
Yesterday was not Alex's 7th birthday...he is not my baby anymore! {not true...he'll always be my baby!}

I did not make him wait and wait all day until Daddy got home before he could open his presents...and certainly would not leave them out for him to stare at in anticipation! That would be torture for him...so I did not do it!

He did not guess that the big one was a guitar...I will not regret getting this soon...because it is not an electric guitar! {yikes!}
He did not tell me that his wish was to get 5 new speakers...

...he will not have to keep on wishing!
After birthday presents and lemon cupcakes {Alex's favorite} we did not go to our county fair and have a great time! Poor little Emily is just not big enough to go on some of the rides, yet by herself...which did not force Dan and I to take turns riding with her...



{look at my face...I did not think that Super Slide was super fun!}




{Dan & Alex obviously did not enjoy the bumper cars at all! And Emily did not say that the bumper cars "beat her up"!}
Alex did not really, really want to ride the big ferris wheel...but settle on the little one with Emily, instead...


Before leaving...Emily did not get Alex to ride the teacups with her...


...and we did not stuff our faces with greasy, powdered sugar funnel cakes and snow cones and corn dogs, definitely not us!

We did not make some great memories until next year...




And on a lighter note...Emily did not bite Alex on the shoulder...leaving a bruise! No, not sweet, little innocent Emily...she would never do something like that to her big brother!











She bit him? Oh no! Not sweet little Emily! =0) {{giggle}} None of MY kids were biters, but my youngest brother sure was!!!
ReplyDeleteYa know what, I study your pictures. For some reason YOUR pictures look like a freeze frame from a moment in time. They're different than any one elses. I think you shadow the edges or something... yes? Is that what is different? In particular, the ones of them up in the air on the ferris wheel. Those are magnificent! I just can't put my finger on WHAT it is that makes it look like such a freeze frame in time. A magical moment.
I can't believe she bit him, lol!!! Aren't kids funny!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a wonderful time there. I love the big slide, even now, but I would get sick on the teacups.
Not Emily? Hope his shoulder is ok.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures and big fun. This summer has been crazy for me. I have had very limited time on the computer. Sorry if I have missed any posts.
Trying to play catchup.
Not my Emily...she would not do something like that. I love the picture of you on the slide, your face is so funny and Emily looks so calm. Happy Birthday Alex!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun!! The SUPER slide is SUPER fun! That is one of my favorites! And YUM!! That lemon cupcake looks so good...make me want some right now! Happy Birthday to Alex! Looks like he had a great day!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! What a fun birthday!! I love the look on your face as you were going down the slide! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Alex! And don't you just love going to the fair?!?! I sure do!
ReplyDeleteI am sure it was just a love bite. She is too sweet for it to have been anything else.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Alex! It looks like you all had a great time! Your sister loves you! :)
oh my gosh, i love love love these pictures! county fairs are super fun :)
ReplyDelete