Thursday, June 18, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons...

...open a Lemonade Stand! Alex has been asking for weeks...make that months...if he can have a Lemonade Stand, but it's either been too cold, raining or we've just been too busy. Yesterday, he finally got his chance {after much scouring for lemonade mix in the pantry!} We had a slightly busy morning, but once we got home he desperately asked to set up his stand...


...of course, I couldn't say no! He was so excited...despite the fact I told him there aren't any very many people around! Not a few minutes later...a van stopped and asked for a cup! She was so sweet...a mom from the neighborhood next to us...she said she couldn't resist! Then she even came back with her young daughter! She truly made their day! I think the kids made $1.50 from her...although Alex said he was keeping all the money! Emily seemed okay with that and even brought her change purse so she could buy a cup! I have to say they were too cute sitting out at the end of the driveway waiting for customers! Alex was determined to man the stand all day! I finally convinced him to call it a day after a couple of hours...but he raked in a whopping $2.20 after a few more neighbors were kind enough to stop by...bless their hearts!



16 comments:

  1. Too cute. My kids love to sell lemonade. We don't live on a very busy street either. Gotta love kind neighbors. They are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they're so cute! My kids did that! They made some good money once as some grandma drove by and gave them, like $10 or something just because she remembered doing it, and wanted to give them a "tip!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! we used to live on a very busy street... and after hurricaine Katrina we had a lemonade and iced tea sale. We had a huge banner that the kids made attached to the table that said the proceeds were going to Katrina... we made over $325... talk about the kindness of strangers! The kids then donated the money (much in change!) to The American Red Cross where they got a certificate and mention at their school for a deed well done!

    Can you find a busier location and set up shop there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! A lemonade stand is so much fun in the summer! We live on a really short dead end road, so my boys are out of luck in ever having one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute!!!

    We live in the country and if we set up around 5pm we may make some but I would not be able to stand their hearts break if someone just drove past them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That is just the sweetest thing! =0D I can't make my smiley face any bigger than that one, but if I could, I would!!

    We live way out in the country, so we can't DO that, but if we could, we would.

    I heard a long time ago that ANY time you see kids with a lemonade stand, you stop. You just do. You buy a cup to make a kid smile! I'm glad others did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute! I always wanted to set up a lemonade stand when I was a kid but it never happened. They are just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness that is just SO SO precious! Nothing is sweeter thank those little lemonade stands and some sweet kids. Will it be open for business again soon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex is adorable. I love the shades that he has on and he should be proud of his earnings! I can't let Jamison see this because has also been asking for weeks to have one. I need to get it together and make it happen for her. Hey...how do you get the writing on your photos, I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute!! I remember doing that as a kid! My kids have never had one bc we lived on a dead end street. NO traffic.That would have been so fun! I am glad Alex had fun! Good for him , little business man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! I used to do that when I their age! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute and what summer is all about. I'm glad Alex had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved selling lemonade as a little girl and now my kids love it too! It is a really fun thing to do. Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol!! Oh that is too cute!!!! I would've soooo stopped by! Alex is a little entrepreneur!

    And you won one of the prizes over at my place!! Woohoo!
    Send me your addy and I'll get it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I lived close enough I would have come by and bought a cup or two!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is insanely cute! I love that Emily was even going to pay for a cup! And wonderful pics of a childhood milestone!

    ReplyDelete