Wednesday, May 27, 2009

To Infinity and Beyond...

...at least that's what our day seemed like today!

Alex's class had a field trip to the zoo today, and I was...oh, so eager to chaperone and ride the 45-minute trip on the bus with rowdy kindergartners both ways! That meant Emily needed to be dropped off on the other side of the river to her friend's house by 7:45am and then I had to trek back across town to school to hop on the luxurious, yellow limo!

Please forgive me when I say I don't want to be touched, rubbed, poked, hugged, kicked or have you sit on my lap for awhile...I've had quite my fill for the day! I truly respect teachers after today! {okay, I know it's different when you are on a bus for so long, school's almost out, and you're headed to the zoo...but, kids can we keep our hands and feet to ourselves for 5 minutes!}

Joking aside, I love when I get the opportunity to spend time with Alex and Emily and their friends and get any chance to take pictures to remember those moments!



{Which way to the Plains?}





{Two little escaped monkeys! They were cute, so I took them home with me!}

{...still hibernating...like I wish I was!}


We didn't leave before petting some sharks...



walking through the butterfly garden...


and saying 'Good-bye' to the seals!
Thank goodness I was able to leave the zoo with no questions asked...with the heat today, I could have easily been mistaken for one of the lions! I was sporting an extreme mane by the time we left! {Sorry, no pictures of that!}

And...take a bathroom break if you need to...the pictures don't end here!

Once we made the dreadful pleasant bus trip back to school, Alex and Emily had tennis lessons and then Home Sweet Home. So I headed back out to the car to grab my camera {I used my little Cyber-shot today} and found this in the garage...

...am I still at the zoo?

I thought it was a piece of dirt and looked closer to see its little tail. Poor guy...I think he must have been caught in the riding mower, because he was completely covered in dried mud. I thought he was a goner, but he wiggled his little leg to let me know he was still alive! So we put it in a bowl of water which seemed to revive him...then let him loose in a nearby pond.


{No, we can't keep him!}


Off to greener pastures...

Good luck, Snapper, we will come visit often!

16 comments:

  1. What a day. We love the zoo. Great pictures. How cool to about the little turtle I am sure he loves the home you sent him too. What a cutie he was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day! I love the little turtle. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not kidding are you...TO INFINITY and BEYOND...Your camera was smoking from all those great pics!

    Glad that everyone had fun!!! ;)
    Thanks for visiting the 5 moms...and not too many people fell for my little joke...too smart I tell you ;) Tarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures! I am cracking up at the thought of them not letting you leave the zoo because of your lion like hair!! SUPER funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, love the new look. Second, there is no way I get Ruben near a reptile...Marissa maybe but Roo nope. Emily is so brave :)

    Glad you made it safely home.
    Your comment sparked a post, I may get to it tonight if not definitely tomorrow. Email soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT pictures of your day --- but WHAT a WEIRD turtle?!

    We have lots here, but I've NEVER seen one with a LONG tail like that?! Soooo strange. Is that common there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the pictures! And we had a similar turtle experience! Of course, he ESCAPED! IN the house, no less. But it wasn't difficult to find him--we just followed the little scratching sounds! LOL,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Call me crazy (or just a dumb Canuck) but what was that thing? A turtle? A Frog?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Carrie! I see I'm not the only one getting all WILD with her posts today. I wanna go to the zoo sooooo bad. It's been forever since the last time I went. My little guy will get a kick out of it. Kuddos to you for riding in that yellow limo. Must have been some wacky wild stuff! I gotta say, I wish I could see some of those lion pics {wink} {wink}. And AWWWWWWWW, that poor little turtle (it is a turtle, right?). CARRIE TO THE RESCUE!!

    Thanks so much for visiting me at the Five Moms Blog today. Don't feel too bad. I just figured out ROTFL a few weeks ago. hehehehe
    Hope you have a great day

    ~Miti

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like such a nice zoo. Jamison would be so jealous, she love giraffes and we don't have any at the Columbus zoo. Aw, Snapper...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a day!

    That is the strangest little turtle...I've never seen on with a long tail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what wonderful pictures! the little turtle looks almost prehistorica!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay let me try that again. I love your blog page set up. Very organized with clean lines & nice color choices.
    A day at the zoo with lot's of kids, sounds busy, but fun. Ready for summer? I sure am. have agood night. Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your prayers, Carrie!! Not even an eye ulcer can stop me from blogging! LoL! I just turned the glare down on the monitor and I'm rollin'!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what fun! i can't believe they got to pet sharks?! wow, that's very cool. and i love that you had a new friend waiting at home :) way to finding him a good new home.

    ReplyDelete