Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Always Faithful

I've been learning more about this each year that I'm in MOPS {Mothers of Preschoolers} and even more as I become part of the never-ending blog family! I'll admit, I wasn't a good wife right away, and I'm still working on that. I wasn't a good mom right away, and again, always a work in progress! But MOPS has taught me so much on how to modify my own behavior, so that other's react in the way we want them to. Becoming friends with Mom over at Mom's the Word starting me thinking even more about this. Please visit her, because she can say the things we are all thinking so eloquently, and with a sense of wit!

Anyway, who is more faithful than your pet? Skipper has been with us since Dan and I were married, for almost ten years! He was our first child! And he's been a wonderful big brother to the kids! I mentioned to Mom about this on the post I'm speaking of, that if we could greet our own spouses the way our faithful pets greet us everyday, how wonderful everyone would feel! Skipper never lets us down, he's always happy and excited to see us and offers his paw to shake and soft head to pat! Isn't that a much better greeting than "Please take your shoes off! Don't put that on the counter, I just cleaned it off! What's taking you so long to change your clothes up there?!" You get the idea, right? I wasn't even sure where I was going with this post, but when I saw Skipper this morning watching Alex head off to his bus stop, I thought it was such a sweet picture.
And you can just bet that he'll be waiting for him when he gets home, too! I need to hang this photo by our back door where Dan gets home every evening, so that I might remember to stop and think how he would really like to be greeted!

Remember, nobody's perfect, and never will be, but if we can be faithful like our pets, like God, and accept our failures as mothers, wives or friends, maybe we can react differently to the chaos and turmoil that is our life!

If anyone watched Oprah {I know, sometimes I get to watch my own tv shows!} yesterday, she had an audience full of mothers and it was all about the mistakes or feelings we feel, truly feel, that nobody wants to talk about, but everyone is feeling!

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. Ephesians 3-12.

I pray that I may become more faithful to God, and bring all my failures to Him. That I am more faithful to Dan, and greet him with open arms and a happy heart! And more faithful to Alex and Emily, to respect them and allow them to have some control and decisions in our home. To teach them I'm not always the one in control, I can't do it all, that God can and only He can. Or we are always going to set ourselves up for failure.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...and so true. I headed to visit Mom's The Word now...
    And great photo of a cute dog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie,

    Thanks for sharing that with us! That was a powerful post! Amen & amen! :)

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
    mind praying for the prayer requests that are
    on our main page?

    May the Lord bless you and your family!!

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog
    -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
    blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

    •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, this is a beautiful post. You have such a lovely way with words. I love the idea of posting the picture on the door as a reminder.

    I think it's good for our children to see us make mistakes sometimes. For when we blow it and ask them to forgive us, we teach them about forgiveness, grace and mercy.

    We also show them that we're not perfect either but we go to the One who is for His grace. Thank you for the linky love, you're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post! I can relate to it in so many ways! I love the picture of Skipper! What a sweet dog! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome post Carrie...I feel the same way. I love the picture. Your dog is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen my friend! I often think the same thing about my cat who always wants to be by my side. I pray that I am that way with God. Thanks for the great reminder to be faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That speaks to my heart and you put it perfectly about Skipper. Hanging the photo will be a great idea.
    Great post! I need to join MOPS don't I?

    I love your house by the way and enjoy seeing ALL of it. I so want to decorate my laundry room, thanks for inspiring me.
    Take care adn God bless.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete